Solved Two different physical servers using the same database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiamo

Donators
Website
www.ArkadePvP.com
We currently have 5 maps running on one cluster on a dedicated server. For season 3 we're going to need to move to two different servers on the same cluster for performance issues.

Does anyone have two different physical servers on the same cluster using the same database for Ark API Shop and Permissions databases? If so, what would be the best way to do this?

Advertisement

Official Game Server Partner

Maticha

Donators
Website
matichapvp.com
We currently have 5 maps running on one cluster on a dedicated server. For season 3 we're going to need to move to two different servers on the same cluster for performance issues.

Does anyone have two different physical servers on the same cluster using the same database for Ark API Shop and Permissions databases? If so, what would be the best way to do this?
For permissions plugins is possible by using MySql but the arkshop i dont think so at least for the moment there is no option to change the db file for a Mysql one

Tiamo

Donators
Website
www.ArkadePvP.com
I have been starting with just the Permissions plugin. I used to be a sql server programmer, so I'm not a database newbie, but I'm having problems even getting Permissions to recognize the mysql database.

We've have 3 of us working for several hours trying to get it to work. I haven't seen anyone here saying they successfully had a mysql database working with any plugin yet (for the plugins that are supposed to support it), and I scoured the entire forum.

Tiamo

Donators
Website
www.ArkadePvP.com
{
"Database":"mysql",
"MysqlHost":"localhost",
"MysqlUser":"root",
"MysqlPass":"password",
"MysqlDB":"arkdb",
"MysqlPort":3306,
"DbPathOverride":""
}

We've tried localhost, the actual ip and 127.0.0.1... We've tried a few mysql users (yes they have all permissions to read/write). We've tried naming the database differently... Always get a Permissions plugin error 1114.

Foppa

Staff member
Website
foppasgaming.com
I use 2-3 Servers per hardware and have a shared mysql for all 10 servers. But you have hosted the mysql server on the same server as you ark server right?

Tiamo

Donators
Website
www.ArkadePvP.com
I use 2-3 Servers per hardware and have a shared mysql for all 10 servers. But you have hosted the mysql server on the same server as you ark server right?
Yep, I've installed mysql on the same server as the ark server. I'm going to try it on another server that I have as test.

Vysse

Donators
if the servers are located in the same network you could hypothetically link them via a networked drive... there would be additional complications however what hardware do you have that there are performance issues?

Vysse

Donators
hmm usually your CPU shouldn't matter too much for that kinda stuff but the specs seem mostly okay. Have you checked your server settings?

Tiamo

Donators
Website
www.ArkadePvP.com
I'm reinstalling mysql. Does the Authentication Method matter? It is recommended to use Strong Password Encryption, or do I need to use Legacy Authentication (retain mysql 5.x compatibility)?

Status
Not open for further replies.