Spec pc for host cluster 3-4 map.

ScrappY

I am thinking of opening a cluster with 3 maps maximum 4 and I would like to know what would be a good solid configuration for this.
I was thinking about an amd 5 3600 with 64gb ram and 1tb ssd nvm, is it a good idea or would I be short on processor?

Advertisement

Official Game Server Partner

cpthowdy

I am thinking of opening a cluster with 3 maps maximum 4 and I would like to know what would be a good solid configuration for this.
I was thinking about an amd 5 3600 with 64gb ram and 1tb ssd nvm, is it a good idea or would I be short on processor?

on personal experience, i would recommend at least 7th gen intel like 7700k, but ryzen 5 3600x may work just as good if its slightly overclocked. I am running 2 maps on a 4770k with 16GB DDR3 ram and a 1TB sata SSD and it runs ok up to 10 clients. but if i want to start my rust server, i need to shut down 1 ark map as it starts lagging both games otherwise.

sirshaw

ArkBot Project Lead
Donators
Website
ARK.KNIGHTSGG.COM
the biggest thing with ark servers is they are ram pigs. If you want to run 3-4 maps youll need about 32GB of ram to run them comfortably. You can limit ram usage per process if you want as well. processor wise, id agree with what cpthowdy said but in all honesty, you want server grade hardware like a xeon or an eypc based solution for a lag free experience. Offloaded older datacenter surplus hardware can be found on eBay relatively cheaply.