Solved New to server running and getting this error trying to get shop to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swifty

Hi,

So ill link a screen shot of the error but basically it starts the coding as you launch ark but then comes up with an error [API][error] Failed to create hook for UWorld.InitWorld ?
Does anyone have any idea what i did wrong. My server is hosted by a subsidiary of GTXGAMING they use the GTXGAMING server but charge less.

Attachments

Advertisement

Monetise Your Game Server

Want to monetise your ARK Server? Create your own webstore at tebex.io

Swifty

Also they have api in mod manager which i have installed onto the server but whenever i start ark i just keep getting this error?
Thanks.

Swifty

If i boot it from shootergame.exe I get the issue but if i run shootergameserver.exe It runs without the issue?
03/02/18 14:49 [API][info] -----------------------------------------------
03/02/18 14:49 [API][info] ARK: Server Api V2.3
03/02/18 14:49 [API][info] Loading...
03/02/18 14:49 [API][info] Dumping structures..
03/02/18 14:50 [API][info] Dumping functions..
03/02/18 14:50 [API][info] Dumping globals..
03/02/18 14:50 [API][info] Successfully read information from PDB
03/02/18 14:50 [API][error] Failed to create hook for UWorld.InitWorld
03/02/18 14:50 [API][info] Initialized hooks
03/02/18 14:50 [API][info] API was successfully loaded
03/02/18 14:50 [API][info] -----------------------------------------------

Michidu

Administrator
Staff member
If i boot it from shootergame.exe I get the issue but if i run shootergameserver.exe It runs without the issue?
Because shootergameserver.exe is used to run a server? Obviously, it won't work on client.

Swifty

Yeah i realised it was for the server after posting this. But that doesn't answer my original question as to why i was getting that error. I have put the ArkApi download and extracted it in the correct location in win64 file in binaries in shooter game. But i receive that error message when starting up my ark? Also if i dont actually install the ARKAPI on my hosted server then how to i put the plugin shop in?
I hope this makes sense.

Swifty

Righhttt i think i get it. I cant actually install this on my server my host has to?
I'm probably wrong. But if that's the case how do I put the shop plugin in? And edit it etc?

Michidu

Administrator
Staff member
If you use ark server provider, maybe they indeed don't allow you to install it and in this case you need to ask them to install it for you. But you said that running the server from shootergameserver.exe works (and you can't use anything else to start the server anyway).

Swifty

My server provider has it in as a plug in on there list so i installed it on the server. But how do i Add shop etc into there folders? And how would I edit it?

Michidu

Administrator
Staff member
If you have ftp access, just follow the installation instruction (e.g. copy ArkShop folder to the Win64/ArkApi/Plugins).

Swifty

Ive got it sorted man cheers. I finally got a hold of someone on the host team who knew what i was asking about sorted in 5 mins cheers mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.