Mutes & Blacklist & IP Ban

Mutes & Blacklist & IP Ban 1.6

No permission to download
Advertisement

Official Game Server Partner

Ronniek09

Donators
It appears to happen when a player uses a banned word, and then after the timer is over and they get unmuted it crashes. If that helps any.

Last edited:

prox

This could be a tad stupid from my end, but any chance you can list the ability to give permissions to all the above commands?

Ok, I like this mod. And while it does greatly add to our tools to admin our servers, I feel it falls a little short.
First, I see in the db, that it puts in the steam id, not the IP for IP field. Should it not be putting in the IP address? I was really hoping for this to make it much easier to get a players IP. While I can get IP's through a other process, it is a difficult and complicated task just to grab a IP of someone. And sometimes you may need to hardware based restrict someone.
Their should be a way to see a list of players that are muted or banned and for how long.
You may also want to unmute everyone, but not necessarily unban everyone, or vise vera. Maybe some commands to do that would be very useful.
Also, what about adding a reason for a ban or mute. This would be especially useful if you have to ban someone so when they get kicked or log on and can see why.
And while this isnt particually relevent right now for the mod, but if say a list feature is added would be, but what about a field for in game name? One for steam name, and one for tribe name?
Many times it's also useful to ban a whole tribe at once.
Also, what about adding a warning system to this and or mute counter?
A warning system would be great way to warn players with a points system for say breaking certain rules would have a different number of points. Once they hit that they either get banned for so long or a permanent ban.
And is their a way to do permanent bans aside for just placing the number real high or using the ban system ark provides?
Some servers may feel some words are just a mutable offense and others simply not tolerated, such as racial insults. Is their plans to make certain works a auto bannable offense?
Also what about adding a field for the word or the entire posted chat comment that triggered the mute?
The timestamp, is that standard Unix timestamps? It's not readable by a admin to know how long someone has left on their mute or ban.
And last but not least, but how does this database work for across server clusters? Do we just set it up the same way as with a symbolic link? And would we run into crashing like when a other server is accessing it at the same time?
Please don't feel like I am criticizing your plug-in. I'm just thinking of some ways that would make it much better.

Where is all the data for bans being stored? I just noticed something while testing.
I would crash when logging in the server if I was banned.
I removed the database record and saved it and was still unable to log in the server. However this time instead of crashing I got a ban message telling me how long I am banned for. I expected that if I removed the record from the database I would be able to loggin.
I tried reloggin in again after this and again got a crash message instead.
Once the time ran out I am not able to rejoin my server.
Are bans stored in a different file, in memory, or a remote server?
A I'm assuming we cannot manually manipulate the data. Or can we but it doesn't take effect unless their is a server restart?
I was thinking of making the info accessible through say the web. So users could see if they were banned and for how long. or maybe even lifting the ban manually.

OwnProx

Plugin Developer
thanks for the feedback and the ip is not stored unless you ip mute / ban and you can remove a mute or a ipban manually per character bases and you were never ment to remove rows from the db that is used as storage the plugin itself stores mutes in memory for faster retrieval and yeah i can add commands to list mutes / bans / seperate the unban / unmute all and it is server safe and i plan on making it load from the db every 30 mins or so so each server can grab the latest mutes, and you can see how long you are banned for just by trying to login it returns the amount same goes for mute if you speak it will tell you and yeah ill add something for all ips too just incase you need that info and yeah i can store character name if needed and reason for ban i have plans to im just busy working on my EventManager and Events and making them ready for release but after they are i can get back to this and start re hauling some of it. as im pretty sure people want automated events more.

Awesome can't wait. And cant wait to see what you come up with, with the event stuff. It's hard drying to do events. I remember Ronnie had a automated event system back in the day that was really awesome.
I wish I could contribute making some plugins. I learned back in the day with basic. So tring to grasp all the newer stuff is difficult. I always have the ideas, just can't implement them yet.

OwnProx

Plugin Developer
haha yeah well i made the event manager in order to stream line event making so its much faster to produce different event types if you look here
https://github.com/ownprox/ArkServe...atchEvent/DeathmatchEvent/DeathmatchEvent.cpp
this is how i implement a event using the event manager and well checkout the Update() and that is the main event update function and i made it simple with enum cases and you set the state and the event manager has many functions that does the hard stuff for you i might bring a release out later today or tomorrow i still need to test it more add a few more features but my problem is i keep thinking of new things to add as and when im about to release it haha.

ViR

Is there any chance to write info into server logs when the player be muted for using blacklisted word?

ViR

[suggestion/request]

- Add PlayerID mute/ipban function, for non eng player names (i.e. russian or other klingon nickname that cant be typed in ark console)

ViR

[BUG]
- IPban is not autounbanning people after selected time (i.e. used: cheat ipban xyz 0 24 ; after 24hours player xyz are still banned, and after try to use cheat ipunban xyz mod tell me: Cant find xyz)

How can i disable the blacklist? I dont want auto mutes or anything, i tried removing it and also just removing the words leaving blacklist : [] but neither work.

Foppa

Staff member
Website
foppasgaming.com
Hi @FrostEffects

Try this: (basically change the minutes to 0)
JSON:
         { 
            "Word":"AAAAAA",
            "Minutes":0
         },
         { 
            "Word":"BBBBBB",
         },
         { 
            "Word":"CCCCCC",