Mod updates

fruktkak

Hello, im having mod update problems on my server, i dont play ark anymore but im still hosting 3 ARK servers and ive tried setting up a auto-update but it keeps on failing, leaving the server on but people cant connect cause of the unupdated mods, i remember when i used to rent ARK server on nitrado, they had a automatic update on mods, when a mod got updated the server got a notification ingame and then it restarted. How do they do it??

Is there a way to make a plugin that does one of these examples?

1. A plugin that just shuts of a server with the shutdown command DoExit and also sends a notification to everyone on the server that the server is shutting down.

2. A plugin that checks steam workshop for updates on a mod and if there is a update, turns off the ark server with the command DoExit and also sends a notification to everyone that the server is turning off.

Thank you for any answer, i really appreciate the work you guys do here! :)

Advertisement

Official Game Server Partner

WETBATMAN

Plugin Developer
Donators
Website
dopeark.com
plugins only function when the server is running, you can't expect a plugin to do something when the server is not booted :D

use Ark Server Manager for auto updates, or batch scripts or something along the lines of those

fruktkak

plugins only function when the server is running, you can't expect a plugin to do something when the server is not booted :D

use Ark Server Manager for auto updates, or batch scripts or something along the lines of those
I know the plugin function only work when the server is on, but are they capable at running a update check on steam workshop? And if the plugin finds an update, can it then do a shutdown on the server?

WETBATMAN

Plugin Developer
Donators
Website
dopeark.com
I know the plugin function only work when the server is on, but are they capable at running a update check on steam workshop? And if the plugin finds an update, can it then do a shutdown on the server?
steamCMD already has that feature, adding it to a plugin would be unnecessary and redundant not to mention a performance loss