Mod updates

fruktkak

Hello, im having mod update problems on my server, i dont play ark anymore but im still hosting 3 ARK servers and ive tried setting up a auto-update but it keeps on failing, leaving the server on but people cant connect cause of the unupdated mods, i remember when i used to rent ARK server on nitrado, they had a automatic update on mods, when a mod got updated the server got a notification ingame and then it restarted. How do they do it??

Is there a way to make a plugin that does one of these examples?

1. A plugin that just shuts of a server with the shutdown command DoExit and also sends a notification to everyone on the server that the server is shutting down.

2. A plugin that checks steam workshop for updates on a mod and if there is a update, turns off the ark server with the command DoExit and also sends a notification to everyone that the server is turning off.

Thank you for any answer, i really appreciate the work you guys do here! :)

Advertisement

Monetise Your Game Server

Want to monetise your ARK Server? Create your own webstore at tebex.io

WETBATMAN

Plugin Developer
Donators
Website
dopeark.com
plugins only function when the server is running, you can't expect a plugin to do something when the server is not booted :D

use Ark Server Manager for auto updates, or batch scripts or something along the lines of those

fruktkak

plugins only function when the server is running, you can't expect a plugin to do something when the server is not booted :D

use Ark Server Manager for auto updates, or batch scripts or something along the lines of those
I know the plugin function only work when the server is on, but are they capable at running a update check on steam workshop? And if the plugin finds an update, can it then do a shutdown on the server?

WETBATMAN

Plugin Developer
Donators
Website
dopeark.com
I know the plugin function only work when the server is on, but are they capable at running a update check on steam workshop? And if the plugin finds an update, can it then do a shutdown on the server?
steamCMD already has that feature, adding it to a plugin would be unnecessary and redundant not to mention a performance loss