If You Post a Plugin - MAINTAIN IT AND RESPOND TO ITS USERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoC

Banned
To ALL PLUGIN DEVS:

If you are going to release a plugin and then not update or even respond to questions or reports of issues then DON'T POST ANY PLUGINS... IT'S NOT YOU WHO HAS TO DEAL WITH THE PLAYERS IT IS US SERVER OWNERS THAT DO

There has been a well known change made to the core internals of Ark and a fix is also known for affected plugins yet those plugin devs either are too lazy, incapable or plainly just not caring to fix the plugin they released for people to use.

You can literally take half of the plugins on this site and delete them as they don't work (now), crash servers or even don't do as they say they do in the PURCHASEABLE area... 3 plugins I have bought and all 3 have either broken and not been fixed, not sold as advertised (ORP) or don't even function AT ALL (Name Control)

I did not think of this as a scam site.... I am now starting too.

SORT YOUR SHIT OUT.

/rant

Advertisement

Monetise Your Game Server

Want to monetise your ARK Server? Create your own webstore at tebex.io

Michidu

Administrator
Staff member
That's not how someone should report a broken plugins. First of all, most plugins still work fine. And you must consider that free plugins are being developed in the developer's free time.

About paid plugins, all payments goes directly to the developers and the forum only provides a place for people to post their plugins. But if you encounter a paid plugin which doesn't work as described or doesn't work at all, you should write about it in reviews and/or PM to me. Then it will be checked and removed if needed. Also, i'm sure you should have no troubles with making a refund if you are unhappy with a plugin.

Ronniek09

Donators
Inappropriate behavior
I’ll happily refund you the money myself if you leave the website, they ban you and never return with your filth.
There is my rant.

DoC

Banned
Inappropriate language
Well as a digital distributor you have a legal obligation to check that sold items are fit for purpose and sold as advertised otherwise you open this website and yourself personally open to a whole mess in terms of legal issues. So you have just confirmed that paid plugins are not checked before being advertised here well that in of itself is a failure on your part,

"Despite huge differences, brick-and-mortar operations and virtual storefronts share a concern that is common to most businesses, that of product liability. A disclaimer on your Web site stating that you are not liable for problems won't protect you from being liable for whatever product you're selling."

"As a seller, probably the most threatening form of product liability is strict liability. Rather than focusing on the behavior of the manufacturer, as in negligence, strict liability claims focus on the product itself. In this type of claim, the customer must prove that the product is defective or unreasonably dangerous. Strict liability for defective products can potentially be very costly and dangerous to the seller. It doesn't end there; liability costs can also affect the manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers and anyone else involved in distributing the product."

I’ll happily refund you the money myself if you leave the website, they ban you and never return with your filth.
There is my rant.
I am stating facts and an opinion, if you don't like it tough... Typical leftist idiot... ban them to shut them up so my safe space remains safe. MY FILTH??? Are you some kind of cunt?

Michidu

Administrator
Staff member
So you have just confirmed that paid plugins are not checked before being advertised here well that in of itself is a failure on your part,
Not sure how it's confirmed. Plugins are always being checked, but, obviously, i can't check every feature nor that i check them after every game update.
And, well, no, your 'laws' don't apply to this as forum is not really a seller. I will write a proper 'Terms of service' at some point (which mostly are just a common sense).
As i said, give me more information about broken or 'not as described' plugins and we can sort this out.

r2range

Plugin Developer
You are using plugins that are broke because of a ark update same goes for mods so how is it the plugin's dev's fault? No it's not servers owners are responseable for using the plugins/mods they can break you dont have to use them.

Ronniek09

Donators
With respect to Michidu, I edited my comment.
It’s very simple though. Message the authors direct if you paid for it. I’ve had wonderful support here for all my paid plugins. Not publically

Last edited:

DoC

Banned
Inappropriate language
With respect to Michidu, I edited my comment.
It’s very simple though. Message the authors direct if you paid for it. I’ve had wonderful support here for all my paid plugins. Not publically
::Sigh:: Like I have not already done that multiple times to the point at which it was a pointless exercise hence why making it PUBLIC as a final and last resort.

In the interest of openess I will post my PRIVATE conversation with @Michidu so you can all see my issue and then you can finally get it through your thick, dumbass heads the actual ISSUE.

Hi Michidu,

As a paying customer of the plugins here I do feel as though tighter and more thorough Q&A is done on "Paid for" plugins before they are even released. Not only does this protect you as a digital distributor (that is what you are) but also provides assurances to paying customers they are getting what is advertised. Also they are not "My Laws" and they do apply to you as you have items for sale on these forums and as you are the forum owner the liability rests with you. I am not a salty kid, I am a 37 year old IT Systems Administrator who has sought legal advise on this matter and I am 100% correct in what I am writing to you. BOTH in the UK & USA, both countries state that a product for sale either in a brink & mortar building or online MUST be as described/advertised otherwise the DISTRIBUTOR & Manufacturer (in this case developer) is liable.

The plugins in question are:

Advanced Chat - At time of purchase *most* functions worked and I did allow the developer time to fix the issues with private chats (tribe / alliance) being made global, features not working - cross chat, icons & colored names (not the dev's fault - game change so acceptable. Out of anyone here's control) but none of these have been fixed and the developer has no interest in fixing or even making the paid for features a reality even though is possible as proven by the Discord Integration plugin.

ORP + Decay - Decay does not work, ORP is an infinite protection - advised developer - told that is how it works. NOT as advertised.

Name Control - DOES NOT WORK AT ALL!!! Advised developer - No response for weeks.

The ONLY plugin that I have bought here that does actually do as advertised is the Discord Integrator.

This would not be a problem if the above mentioned plugins were free as it is a use at your own risk product. BUT when you are demanded to pay for a plugin and there are features advertised under both UK & USA law that product MUST do as advertised. These are not "MY LAWS" this is "THE LAW", like it or not you must obey the laws set out if you intend to carry on selling products on this website.

If you would like me to NOT pursue this further I strongly suggest you take this seriously and act upon it. I am not wanting to make trouble for you but you are currently open to a massive risk of being sued if you allow this to continue.

Regards,

[IMG]https://arkserverapi.com/data/avatars/m/0/1.jpg?1521907646[/IMG]
Michidu
Administrator
Staff member
Messages 602 Likes 404 Points 63
Today at 11:27 AM
Hi.
For sure, i know only basics about US laws. However, you can think of it more in terms of "spigotmc" who, i'm pretty sure, don't have any legal issues doing pretty much same.

Just about colored names, it's indeed not possible. Discord Integration plugin uses a small trick to achieve it but it's not really same.

Anyway, thank you for the heads up and i will speak with devs about those issues asap. If you want a refund for any of those plugins, i can push the devs into providing it for you faster.

[IMG]https://arkserverapi.com/data/avatars/m/0/221.jpg?1546175360[/IMG]
DoC
Messages 67 Likes 9 Points 8
57 minutes ago
That's the point, I don't want a refund... I want to buy plugins that do as they are advertised. That's the whole point of myself contacting you. Would you really buy a Ferrari with a Volkswagen golf engine in it? Of course you wouldn't, neither do I want to buy plugins that say they do x, y & z and they only do X and barely if that on 1 plugin I have already bought.

This is the issue and this is what needs to be fixed and moving forward to ensure future paid for plugins do as advertised.

I had a look at "spigotmc" and could not find any area with paid for extensions/plugins unless it's for members only? As i said, this would not be an issue for free plugins as they are a use at your own risk kind of product.

The only options you have are:
1) Remove all paid for plugins, test each one and make sure all functions work as advertised, if found to not be the case then that plugin to be sent back to the dev to amend the features advertised or make sure they work.
2) Stop selling plugins and only have free plugins that remove your / this forums liability.

Those are your only options moving forward. I don't want to be forced into pursuing action as I like this site and what it has to offer but if you allow this to continue someone not as nice as me will do something about it I can 100% guarantee it.

Regards,

[IMG]https://arkserverapi.com/data/avatars/m/0/1.jpg?1521907646[/IMG]
Michidu
Administrator
Staff member
Messages 602 Likes 404 Points 63
45 minutes ago
Even if i would buy it somehow, i would just take a refund :)
Paid section is not public, only rules - https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/premium-resource-guidelines.31667/
Due to the nature of plugins, it's not really possible to check 100% of features, also game update can break some.
By the way, the forum located not in USA or UK.

I won't be replying as simply there isn't any point. My only option now is a legal one. I hate to say it.

Michidu

Administrator
Staff member
Talking about laws.. Posting a private conversation is not very legal as well :)

DoC

Banned
There are no laws prohibiting posting a conversation between 2 people. The only way this would take effect in law is if a judge had ordered publicly. You are not a judge and neither am I. No law has been broken, only your ego.

Michidu

Administrator
Staff member
Doesn't matter how many people were participating, publishing private conversations without agreement of both parties is pretty much illegal.

DoC

Banned
Wrong. There is no law at all that prohibits sharing of messages between 2 parties as long as the text is not changed or altered, which it isn’t. If you are going to challenge me on law.... make sure you know what you are talking about first.

OwnProx

Plugin Developer
Doc i was on holiday you single minded pleb, also everything you post is irrelevant none of your laws that you think mean something don't apply anywhere and actually my plugin is fully working and was updated over 2 weeks ago, why not pm instead of being a dick?

also what makes you think you own me after purchase because thats the way your acting, you paid a low price you get free updates basically just leave this place and go elsewhere go complain to someone who actually will comfort you like your mum.

"As proven by discord plugin" this feature is still fully working its not my fault your too special to set stuff up properly. many users are still happy using this feature with no issues.

Wrong. There is no law at all that prohibits sharing of messages between 2 parties as long as the text is not changed or altered, which it isn’t. If you are going to challenge me on law.... make sure you know what you are talking about first.
just another rant that does nothing other than waste your time and ours for replying and well honestly i never met anyone so undeserving of anything you put this forum to shame and how dare you question Michidu of course he knows what hes talking about, You clearly do not and you mention your a i.t administrator we get about 1000 of those claims a week everyone is a it administrator now a days.

Last edited:

Michidu

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not going to, since laws differs from one country to another and it's wrong to speak about them in absolute manner.

chdavi

Well as a digital distributor you have a legal obligation to check that sold items are fit for purpose and sold as advertised otherwise you open this website and yourself personally open to a whole mess in terms of legal issues. So you have just confirmed that paid plugins are not checked before being advertised here well that in of itself is a failure on your part,

"Despite huge differences, brick-and-mortar operations and virtual storefronts share a concern that is common to most businesses, that of product liability. A disclaimer on your Web site stating that you are not liable for problems won't protect you from being liable for whatever product you're selling."

"As a seller, probably the most threatening form of product liability is strict liability. Rather than focusing on the behavior of the manufacturer, as in negligence, strict liability claims focus on the product itself. In this type of claim, the customer must prove that the product is defective or unreasonably dangerous. Strict liability for defective products can potentially be very costly and dangerous to the seller. It doesn't end there; liability costs can also affect the manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers and anyone else involved in distributing the product."

I am stating facts and an opinion, if you don't like it tough... Typical leftist idiot... ban them to shut them up so my safe space remains safe. MY FILTH??? Are you some kind of cunt?

You really have no idea what the law is as it applies to this site. If you are going to go after someone you should really do more than just googling it and posting quotes.

Unless there is a warranty stated when you buy the software you buy it as is, with no expectation of free updates. That means that if ARK updates they don't owe you anything and it's even legal to charge you for the fix. The best you can expect is a refund, and if you refuse that then you are SOL. Once you refuse a refund then the law is quite clear, their responsibility ends. It's the same as physical products. You buy a 3rd party car part that doesn't work on a newer model car, its not the manufactures responsibility to fix it.

Also, the site is NOT required to test it or make sure it is fit for sale, nor do dev's owe you any tech support. If that were the case eBay/Amazon would long be out of business. :D You really need to do more research on how the law applies to online retailers in this regard, and especially software that modifies other software. Software is its own special beast and the courts have been pretty clear that you don't really have any expectation of testing, or it working other than a general way.

Bottom line is, quit acting like a spoiled child and threatening people with the law when you are ignorant of it yourself. Especially since you were offered a refund and refused it.

Even more, no lawyer is going to take up a case like this since it is so small. Hell, you would pay more just for the consultation for them to tell you no, it would be thrown out.

A good link summarizing why tort law doesn't really apply to software
https://readplaintext.com/why-can-t-you-sue-software-makers-for-bugs-1d7585132b3b

DoC

Banned
Awww all the butt hurt dev's now coming out of the wood work when someone finally says something about how SHIT you all are.

I can't actually believe i stood up for you on your discord to that TepelNick kid. But hey ho I guess he was right after all aye @OwnProx - Yeah you go on vacation without telling ANYONE you were going and we are all in your discord asking where the F you are and no-one has a clue!!! Just a shame the plugin showed tribe chat and alliance chat in global for weeks on end and 0 fucks given... you had tiamo tell you this MULTIPLE times and nothing was done... In fact nearly ALL of your "customers" have moved away from your shit plugin to one that actually does as it says and works!! Hence why I left your discord. you have nothing further to offer me and no I don't want a refund I want to buy plugins that do as they are advertised. Like for fuck sake we even told you how to get a functioning cross chat working that doesn't use rcon as that puts HUGE stress on a cluster but no, it's OWNPROX's way or no way... well your way is SHIT and so are you.

Ban me, see if I care - it's not hard to make a email address and still download the free plugins, i know for a fact I won't be buying any further plugins from any of the dev's bar 1.

I still find it funny how you have been called out and it's got all your backs up so much... Just proves my point tbh.

barnwellrd

Plugin Developer
I still find it funny how you have been called out and it's got all your backs up so much... Just proves my point tbh.
Just gonna give you a quick life lesson for free: No one likes a cunt. All the responses here weren't for being called out, they were a reaction to a spoiled brat waving his dirty laundry around.

Awww all the butt hurt dev's now coming out of the wood work when someone finally says something about how SHIT you all are.
Lol.

DoC

Banned
Spoiled brat.... sure.... Whatever.
I fucking wish!!!!

Let me give you some free advise "Assumption: The MOTHER of all FUCKUPS"

Status
Not open for further replies.