Help to sync shop within cluster

Hi guys. I am working on setting up a cluster of servers on my physical server. However i am struggling to figure out how to configure it so the shop files would sync within clusters. I have tried mysql but just cant figure that one out, even the basic use of it (never used one), tried few sync programs, tried sharing the folders via network, as well as setting up work folders and just nothing seem to do it (maybe i am doing it all wrong). Any help would be much appreciated.

Advertisement

Monetise Your Game Server

Want to monetise your ARK Server? Create your own webstore at tebex.io

WETBATMAN

Plugin Developer
Donators
Website
dopeark.com
you need to use MySQL

https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/ (Grab it From here)
and select c++ connector MySQL server 64bit and workbench x86

install it with legacy authentication then create a schema in the workbench corresponding to the name of the schema you have in your plugin config

afterward, connect your plugin to the MySQL server and it will auto create the tables :)

Thank you sooo much. I will give it a go tonight. Fingers crossed, as I'm at my wicks end 😅 how hard can it be ehh? 😬 Only spent like past two days trying to figure it out 🙈

WETBATMAN#0288 or Kluster,

I downloaded the windows msi installer. It's asking which setup type:
Developer Default
Server Only
Client Only
Full
Custom.

If I use the Developer Default, it says it has failing requirements at:
MySQL for Visual Studio
Connector/Python

What setup type should I select?

Thanks!

Last edited:

DoC

Banned
If i have different items in some servers like i have green to red gems in ab shop but not in island. If i sync up the shops will it still work or do all shops have to have the same items?

Haragon

Plugin Developer
Donators
If i have different items in some servers like i have green to red gems in ab shop but not in island. If i sync up the shops will it still work or do all shops have to have the same items?
Only the points and kits are stored in the DB, so you can have a different catalog per server. For kits, I believe they will have a QTY in the database but if its not in the config they can't buy it. That would require some testing to be certain that it wont cause a crash though.

DoC

Banned
Does the MySQL database get auto populated with the information contained within the sqlite DB? Or do I have to manually move everything over?

WETBATMAN

Plugin Developer
Donators
Website
dopeark.com
Does the MySQL database get auto populated with the information contained within the sqlite DB? Or do I have to manually move everything over?
you need to convert your database from sqlite to mysql

WETBATMAN#0288

add me on discord if you require further help