Dedicated Servers other than OVH?

Advertisement

Official Game Server Partner

portroyal

Donators
To be perfectly honest - it is a lot smarter AND cheaper to just bite the bullet and purchase a server outright. You'll save a ton of money overtime.

Tiamo

Donators
Website
www.ArkadePvP.com
Yeah I'd love to do it. So you just find a local place that will host it? I don't want it at my house. It got hit by lightning the day we launched season 2 and most my electronics fried. Wouldn't want that to happen again, lol.

portroyal

Donators
Yeah I'd love to do it. So you just find a local place that will host it? I don't want it at my house. It got hit by lightning the day we launched season 2 and most my electronics fried. Wouldn't want that to happen again, lol.
Well, that really depends on you. I personally have my server here at my house. However, there are services called "colocation" that'll allow you to have your server in a datacenter and you manage it remotely. Although what you'll pay to store it would be a little cheaper than actually renting a server from a 3rd party, it is an option i guess.

WETBATMAN

Plugin Developer
Donators
Website
dopeark.com
same here I have my server located at my house but piped it through an OVH vps for DDos protection

unfortunately, I had to find out the hard way just how much a DDos cripples your network before i incorporated the VPS :D

Tiamo

Donators
Website
www.ArkadePvP.com
Thank you to all who responded! I purchased a Nocix server, it comes with a free Windows 2012 Evaluation server. They do not offer monthly Windows server license like OVH did for $28 USD. Will we be ok with an evaluation license?

Visual

Donators
Thank you to all who responded! I purchased a Nocix server, it comes with a free Windows 2012 Evaluation server. They do not offer monthly Windows server license like OVH did for $28 USD. Will we be ok with an evaluation license?
Personally I've had 2012 servers crash for not being activated, obviously you don't want this happening so I'd suggest just getting a key off ebay, should be no more than $10