Custom in-game UI

Sipowicz2

Donators
Website
revenantgaming.com
Oof... Troll much? :rolleyes:

@smooreace , I'm not sure why you keep trying to turn this into an argument. Trust me, no one is as concerned about this as your are. I understand your solution, it's not as easy as what we were doing before. Not in theory, set-up, or practice. It's. That. Simple.
Furthermore,

I never said I "Didnt like" the Mod UI.

If you read my post more carefully you would understand at this point I'd be fine to just move the functionality we currently have to a plug-in. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings, but its nothing personal. I didn't realize starting this conversation would be so offensive to you. I actually really like the mod. I'm just looking for ways to bring back the automation we once had. Has nothing to do with competence and everything to do with effort and time involved. Someone with even a little bit of experience in these matters would understand that.

I Guess posing the question the Plug-in community makes me a con-artist?

@r2range I'm already sorry I responded to your comment.... :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Advertisement

Monetise Your Game Server

Want to monetise your ARK Server? Create your own webstore at tebex.io

WETBATMAN

Plugin Developer
Donators
Website
dopeark.com

@smooreace , I'm not sure why you keep trying to turn this into an argument. Trust me, no one is as concerned about this as your are. I understand your solution, it's not as easy as what we were doing before. Not in theory, set-up, or practice. It's. That. Simple.
Furthermore,

If you read my post more carefully you would understand at this point I'd be fine to just move the functionality we currently have to a plug-in. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings, but its nothing personal. I didn't realize starting this conversation would be so offensive to you. I actually really like the mod. I'm just looking for ways to bring back the automation we once had. Has nothing to do with competence and everything to do with effort and time involved. Someone with even a little bit of experience in these matters would understand that.

@r2range I'm already sorry I responded to your comment.... :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:
if you want a UI that your users can interact with I.E click buttons and such you need a mod, that it it's that simple

Sipowicz2

Donators
Website
revenantgaming.com
I don't know why people keep responding to this post then. Because at this point it's the last thing on my mind. I posed the question, the question was answered.

As other user's have stated that it MIGHT be possible to make such a plug-in, using elements or textures already in the game. I will take your word for it @WETBATMAN that even that wouldn't be possible with a plug-in.

WETBATMAN

Plugin Developer
Donators
Website
dopeark.com
I don't know why people keep responding to this post then. Because at this point it's the last thing on my mind. I posed the question, the question was answered.

As other user's have stated that it MIGHT be possible to make such a plug-in, using elements or textures already in the game. I will take your word for it @WETBATMAN that even that wouldn't be possible with a plug-in.
you failed to read his reply :D, he said it was a MOD using textures already ingame not a plugin, plugins are server side only, i don't mean to be rude if you take it that way just saying it's not possible to do without a MOD

Sipowicz2

Donators
Website
revenantgaming.com
I did read his reply, and even liked it right away (about his picture being of a mod he made privately). That was the end of the discussion as far as I was concerned. Beyond that I was only responding to another user who was attempting to troll. Admittedly that was a mistake on my part.

Thanks again for the input.

At the end of the day, we are fine with how the Editable UI MOD is working for us.

I've seen a lot impressive functionality come out of this plug-in community. So I certainly wouldn't put it past any one of the devs here to come up with something clever like that.

Website
steamcommunity.com

Furthermore,

You really need to grow up!

The childish attempt to throw the "troll" bs only starts to prove it! Anyone is a troll if they don't agree with what the other person is saying! No less stupid than calling a person racist for saying ILLEGAL immigration is ILLEGAL!

You've gone on an on about how complex things are now for your apparently incompetent admins. Yet all of your "concerns" have been addressed or excused away, countless times. Even to a point where you did it yourself. I, along with everyone else here, couldn't care less if you LIKE the mod that's triggered this rambling. Like it and use it, or don't and.... don't.

You assume someone cares if you use a mod or a plugin. The reality is vastly different! Your assumption has done nothing but led you to argue about what does and doesn't exist. Several people have told you it's not possible. I'm sure I'm not stretching too far to assume that you won't ever be successful in even trying to make something yourself. And a few of us have TRIED to get through your thick skull that there are easy solutions for your poorly spelled out issues. What it boils down to is that YOU think that someone should do something that cant be done to appease your inability to use what has been created in a way that you don't understand, and refuse to TRY to understand. All at the same time you blame others for not doing what you request.

And most of all... you will never be important enough to anyone to even DREAM of being able to offend anyone here! REAL men don't get offended!

r2range

Plugin Developer
This is almost too funny

"We were able to customize the appearance and some other settings specifically for each server, and then I could Symlink the content files "
"As I said, not all that important for us to have the appearance customization. "

The entire reason you stated you don't like the mod UI is that you can't change the appearance at a per server level, yet it's not important.

Make a simple webpage that creates the individual json files for each server. Have it sync whatever content you want to be the same, and customize each individual one as needed. Then allow PW access for 2 or 3 different versions that allow admins to only modify and sync the data you want them to have access to. FAR easier than trying to con someone into reinventing the egg! And in the end, FAR easier on incompetent admins!
Sorry to break your bubble but i can change appearance per server level.