Custom in-game UI

Sipowicz2

Donators
Website
revenantgaming.com
Something similar to this....

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=924619115

With the ability to use multiple configuration files. One for appearance/settings, and one for content. That way we can customize the appearance of the UI for each server. But if we want to edit content from multiple servers from ONE simply by simlink'ing the file that stores the content data.

This is how we were using the above MOD until some recent changes. Would be nice if we could go to a plug in instead. With similar functionality as before.

EDIT: and before anyone gets too excited, or butt hurt, this is more of a probing question to see what the Plug-in community has done on this subject, or can do. Apparently this is a sensitive subject for some.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Official Game Server Partner

AdrianGaming

Boo boo
Staff member
Plugin Developer
a totally "new" Design with interactive buttons is not feasible. The client needs to have atleast the Textures of the Background / Buttons and stuff.

Website
steamcommunity.com
There is nothing that cant be done now that was possible before with that mod. It works exactly the same if you want it to, of 10x better if you use the new functionality.

Website
steamcommunity.com
They already pretty much said... nothing. And considering that there is nothing done yet that has the slightest hint of UI function, I tend to assume that nothing will continue to be the norm.

Sipowicz2

Donators
Website
revenantgaming.com
Pretty much! Yes! Currently we only use ours as an information HUB, and easy access to outside sites with clickable links in game. Depending on how the config files are set up, we're hoping to get back to the ease of use we had before.

We were able to customize the appearance and some other settings specifically for each server, and then I could Symlink the content files (which were separate from the settings files) so that updating the information for each section could be done in game, once for all, from any of the servers live.

Was a wicked convenient, easy set-up.

The only real downside to thy way we have it set up currently is the files for the UI are no longer split up. So I can't have specific links, titles, or any of the other appearance functions set independently for each server.

Granted with something like what you posted I likely wouldn't have appearance customization's to make (not that I need those anyway).

Even if I don't have server specific, or graphical customization being able to move what functionality we do have to a plug-in would be preferred.

WETBATMAN

Plugin Developer
Donators
Website
dopeark.com
Pretty much! Yes! Currently we only use ours as an information HUB, and easy access to outside sites with clickable links in game. Depending on how the config files are set up, we're hoping to get back to the ease of use we had before.

We were able to customize the appearance and some other settings specifically for each server, and then I could Symlink the content files (which were separate from the settings files) so that updating the information for each section could be done in game, once for all, from any of the servers live.

Was a wicked convenient, easy set-up.

The only real downside to thy way we have it set up currently is the files for the UI are no longer split up. So I can't have specific links, titles, or any of the other appearance functions set independently for each server.

Granted with something like what you posted I likely wouldn't have appearance customization's to make (not that I need those anyway).

Even if I don't have server specific, or graphical customization being able to move what functionality we do have to a plug-in would be preferred.
UI's are custom textures and I'm pretty sure the API cannot pass any custom textures to clients :)

Sipowicz2

Donators
Website
revenantgaming.com
That is correct. As I said, not all that important for us to have the appearance customization. But if the Post I responded to is of a picture of a plug-in, then that's pretty much exactly what we are looking for at this point.

WETBATMAN

Plugin Developer
Donators
Website
dopeark.com
That is correct. As I said, not all that important for us to have the appearance customization. But if the Post I responded to is of a picture of a plug-in, then that's pretty much exactly what we are looking for at this point.
that's not a plugin, as I said plugins cannot load additional resources for clients, it's a private mod designed to be a frontend to plugins like ArkShop (and it's private)

Sipowicz2

Donators
Website
revenantgaming.com
That has also been understood for a while now. Someone else mentioned possibly being able to use elements/textures already in the game, and that picture from above looked like just that.

r2range

Plugin Developer
That has also been understood for a while now. Someone else mentioned possibly being able to use elements/textures already in the game, and that picture from above looked like just that.
It is a private Mod made by me , but yes the elements/texture's are already in game and just shown.

Website
steamcommunity.com
This is almost too funny

"We were able to customize the appearance and some other settings specifically for each server, and then I could Symlink the content files "
"As I said, not all that important for us to have the appearance customization. "

The entire reason you stated you don't like the mod UI is that you can't change the appearance at a per server level, yet it's not important.

Make a simple webpage that creates the individual json files for each server. Have it sync whatever content you want to be the same, and customize each individual one as needed. Then allow PW access for 2 or 3 different versions that allow admins to only modify and sync the data you want them to have access to. FAR easier than trying to con someone into reinventing the egg! And in the end, FAR easier on incompetent admins!