Atlas Server Manager

Atlas Server Manager 4.4

No permission to download

Zuhan

I need help and have a couple questions. Sorry to bother, I didn't see a setup instructions for the server anywhere.
1. What ServerIP or DNS do I use? Router, Computer, etc..... Not sure.
2. Should I forward ports to get this to run?
3. When attempting to start a server a CMD window pops up momentarily then closed and the server goes from Online to Offline. After some fiddling around I saw that something in the CMD prompt failed. "LoadDatabaseConnectionInfo() Failed To to load or parse entries from ServerGrid.ServerOnly.json" What is this and is it the reason my server wont stay online?

Advertisement

Monetise Your Game Server

Want to monetise your ARK Server? Create your own webstore at tebex.io

Sadsnow

This is best aimed at the dedicated server forum on the official site, especially as you do not use ASM. The ASM setup is explained in OwnProx inital post -

Setup:
Place next to Shootergame folder and then launch, then right click the row and click servers then add

Connecting to other tiles does work, my 3x4 grid is flawless. My guess is your transfer issue would be related to your seamless ports not being correct for all grids or potentially a Redis issue. I would review all ports first and ensure they are correctly setup and using the right protocol (TCP/UDP). Also make sure your JSON is setup with all ports and that they are different. I have my game, query and seamless ports 5 apart and i have found that having both UDP and TCP open on query and game allows quicker server transfer, despite only UDP being required officially.

You can also remove the max level in a free port if you wish and you can prevent claiming as well if you wish. I have opt'd to allow more than level 8 and allow claiming on my servers, find it wastes so much space for players blocking out an whole grid for no building, but that's just my personal opinion :)
Thank you for the reply, I found that having the query port and game numbers 2 apart did work, im able to transfer between servers fine, its just now when i exit i can only re spawn at the freeport server and not at the one i left off with my bed being placed

I will add that everything is working apart from being able to join a server that isn't set as a home server. I've placed a bed and it just gives me a join error. and also if i try to join the main freeport it now wont let me. this is really odd. the TCP/UDP is all set correctly. I work in I.T and i've managed Ark servers for a couple of years so i know a bit about servers and computers. The only thing i can think of is the Redis, The port it uses, do i have to open it? as not found any info on it at all. And yes the JSON and all the maps are configured with the correct port settings etc. I even did your suggestion of having the ports 5 apart. In summary The only part i can't do is rejoin after logging out of a non homeserver.

Last edited:
I need help and have a couple questions. Sorry to bother, I didn't see a setup instructions for the server anywhere.
1. What ServerIP or DNS do I use? Router, Computer, etc..... Not sure.
2. Should I forward ports to get this to run?
3. When attempting to start a server a CMD window pops up momentarily then closed and the server goes from Online to Offline. After some fiddling around I saw that something in the CMD prompt failed. "LoadDatabaseConnectionInfo() Failed To to load or parse entries from ServerGrid.ServerOnly.json" What is this and is it the reason my server wont stay online?
It sounds like you know nothing about Atlas servers, and this is not the best place to ask for that detailed information. Running an Atlas server is a LOT more complicated than running an Ark server. Have a look at a guide like https://www.drac346.net/2018/12/atlas-dedicated-server-setup-main-menu.html to help you get started.

Temil2006

Donators
running newest 3.7 version, almost all of it is working. the only issues I'm having is that the auto-update doesn't seem to function. I really don't think it's even checking online at all. if it manually launch SteamCMD and check for updates it takes about 10-15secs. But when i run this program, it opens, says "Checking for updates" .. maybe 2-3 secs later, it opens all of my servers. I don't thing that is the correct behavior beause it should take more time to connect to steam and validate everything.

any advise to try?

Since the v11 Update some of my Servers appear offline, although they are up and running. The Force Update works fine for me btw but the Update Checker doesnt seem to be working. An Error I found is that after an Update the Servers start and then the Manager decides that theres an other Update. This 2nd Update is nothing else than a valdation though... Maybe there could be another check for Updates after an Update was applied?

Last edited:

aunzark

hi there, we are running a windows 7 server and every time i shut the atlas server manager and reopen it the grid is gone, i have to set them up all again each time, is this normal?

Hi there, I been struggling since the start with the RCON ability. Atm I am just getting this error:

[Rcon->BroadCastMessage] Connection failed: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

not sure what I am doing wrong or if I did not load all the software needed.

Tamelon

sorry, i didnt read all the 11 pages...

but i have disabled auto server start in the options, yet every time i start server manager it starts all servers. any solution?

Temil2006

Donators
OwnProx :: please add -servergamelog as a checkbox option for the command line as I can't add that to the custom commands since it has to be outside the quotes.

Dprince

i keep getting this when i press start to start the server

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8007042A): The service has returned a service-specific error code. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007042A)
at NATUPNPLib.IStaticPortMappingCollection.Add(Int32 lExternalPort, String bstrProtocol, Int32 lInternalPort, String bstrInternalClient, Boolean bEnabled, String bstrDescription)
at AtlasServerManager.Includes.UPNP.AddUPNPServer(Int32 ServerPort, Int32 QueryPort, String AltSaveDir)
at AtlasServerManager.Includes.AtlasServerData.StartServer()
at AtlasServerManager.AtlasServerManager.<SetupCallbacks>b__21_4(Object e, EventArgs a)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.7.3260.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
AtlasServerManager
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Atlis%20Server/AtlasServerManager.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.7.3221.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.7.3314.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.7.3221.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
CustomMarshalers
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/CustomMarshalers/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/CustomMarshalers.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Dprince

has something to do with UPNP, forgot i checked it for some stupid reason, and now have it unchecked. Works again, Thank you

OwnProx

Plugin Developer
OwnProx updated Atlas Server Manager with a new update entry:

3.8 Stability Update

Finally a less buggy more fixed release i waited a few days and did a lot of testing, hopefully it works good for everyone now
  • Added Custom After Launch Arguments (startup options that start with -)
  • Fixed a lot of updating issues
  • Added BattleEye option
  • Ability to add a server without serverip
  • Changed the task system a bit it should be better now
Read the rest of this update entry...

OwnProx

Plugin Developer
has something to do with UPNP, forgot i checked it for some stupid reason, and now have it unchecked. Works again, Thank you
ah maybe i need to provide the dll with the exe but i did select a option that should bind it with it, will look into it

OwnProx :: please add -servergamelog as a checkbox option for the command line as I can't add that to the custom commands since it has to be outside the quotes.
you can set it now as a Additional Server After Launch Arguments i added this new option for that.

Hi there, I been struggling since the start with the RCON ability. Atm I am just getting this error:

[Rcon->BroadCastMessage] Connection failed: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

not sure what I am doing wrong or if I did not load all the software needed.
try with latest version lemme know how it goes.

OwnProx

Plugin Developer
the update changed your database password edit the config and set it back, or you did not launch the database server also the ports you put in the atlas server manager dont match the ones in your ServerGrid.json

Still the same issue with 3.8 if the Arkmanager Closes he doesnt recognizes any running Servers and tries to start them again and again even if they are running and answering...

Shadowsong

Donators
Looking promising so far, first time i've seen my ASM report as having checked for updates and actually reported back it's findings (none in this case). Will await the next patch to come out and see if we get a clean update!

@OwnProx - I will put this request in the discord channel too, but assuming things are stable it would be great if there could be a tie in with a discord bot for the servers. Something similar to what Jetfox is working on with his updater - https://www.playatlas.com/index.php...se-atlasupdater-auto-updaterrestarter/&page=3

Can you add a launch option to stop the SteamCMD updates? When i launch it hangs (not responding) and locks up. Thanks :)

It hangs on Broadcast 30 minutes.....

upperking

I have a existing running 4x4 atlas server. how do I add this admin -program to my server without it changing any of my setting?