Resource icon

Anti-FamilyShare 1.1

No permission to download

Substitute

Plugin Developer
Substitute submitted a new resource:

Anti-FamilyShare - Kicks users that are using Steam Family Share.

Tired of banned players coming back by exploiting Steam's family share?
Wish to only allow accounts that actually own Ark to join?

This plugin preforms the check that Official Servers use to prevent Family Shared accounts from joining. It is a "plug n' play" plugin that works with zero setup or configuration needed.

You may adjust the Kick Message sent to Family Share Accounts in the config.json file if you wish to have your own custom message.

This plugin will be...
Read more about this resource...

Advertisement

Official Game Server Partner

Substitute

Plugin Developer

AlCapone

Hello,
does this Plugin still work?

I added it to my TestServer and it loads up correctly in the Server console, but I can still join the Server with my Family Shared Steam Account.

BOBER

it doesn't work for me .. family accounts can still enter my server .. please help

Last edited:

BOBER

ARE YOU THINKING THAT THE FAMILY ACCOUNT ASSOCIATED WITH MY MAIN ACCOUNT WHICH IS ON THE WHITE LIST COULD MAKE IT ACCOUNT AS AN ACCOUNT ON THE WHITE LIST ALSO? But this is not possible because other different users with 0 level accounts have also entered the server.

Substitute

Plugin Developer
ARE YOU THINKING THAT THE FAMILY ACCOUNT ASSOCIATED WITH MY MAIN ACCOUNT WHICH IS ON THE WHITE LIST COULD MAKE IT ACCOUNT AS AN ACCOUNT ON THE WHITE LIST ALSO? But this is not possible because other different users with 0 level accounts have also entered the server.
Not at all ... it could be an issue on Steam's end, Wildcard's end, or possibly the API. I implemented this essentially the same way Wildcard made it originally.