OwnProx

Plugin Developer
OwnProx submitted a new resource:

Advanced Chat - Setup chat colours, name colours, tags and Vip or donator

View attachment 283

Features:
Coloured Name
Coloured Message
Using Permissions plugin you can make new permissions with specific colours for vips / donators on your server
Tags
Permission colours
Option to override game default chat colours (Normal User, Tribe, Local, Alley)
Working Emoji's
Ability to have a custom icon (must be a icon already in game)

Info:
Hello and welcome to Advanced chat this plugin allows you to make custom chat groups and specify a...
Read more about this resource...

Advertisement

Official Game Server Partner

OwnProx

Plugin Developer
Thanks for your purchase sent you a pm,

some upcoming features i will be implementing discord web hook callbacks and even a php chat widget for your websites to display the servers chat

charging for something that other gaming communities and developers give out for free? bukkit development community and minecraft for example: (another game - another huge development community for mods/plugins).
I compare this place to there as a compliment - if you try seperating yourself from their successes then you are simply naive and misunderstanding the comparison or situation.

Yikes - the trend for this community is iffy at best.

no need to explain why you're requiring payment for a plugin.... I am just making a public statement.
-------

on topic:
The plugin works for multiple servers/clusters? What if someone owns multiple maps - do they have to pay this plugin per map? Also is there not a mappable config file or DB file for multi-server integration here? So would require you to manually modify the config per server??

Last edited:

Michidu

Administrator
Staff member
charging for something that bukkit and minecraft developers gave out free? (another game another huge development community for mods/plugins)
Yikes - the trend for this community is iffy.
How can you compare ark and minecraft? It's a very different games and ark plugins community is rather small. Personally, i don't mind paid plugins and everyone can release them. Of course if someone will make a free alternative, it will be released too.

How can you compare ark and minecraft? It's a very different games and ark plugins community is rather small. Personally, i don't mind paid plugins and everyone can release them. Of course if someone will make a free alternative, it will be released too.
It's just a poor choice in my opinion. This place has a lot of potential if you get more people onboard coding plugins. Time will tell nevertheless :p Nickles and dimes until then.

Donating makes more sense for many reasons, but I am not here to advocate anything or to shine a bad light on things - so I will keep my replies short. Really hopeful for what you guys are pushing for here.

Looks like a great plugin though! Keep up the good work.

Also... my question was not answered :(

Whatzitooya

Donators
charging for something that bukkit and minecraft developers gave out free? (another game another huge development community for mods/plugins)
Yikes - the trend for this community is iffy.

no need to explain why you're doing what you're doing.... I am just making a public statement.
-------

on topic:
The plugin works for multiple servers/clusters? What if someone owns multiple maps - do they have to pay this plugin per map? Also is there not a mappable config file or DB file for multi-server integration here?

1) You don't have to pay for it.
2) These folks have already provided a framework for anyone to develop plugins. Without that, you'd have none of this. If you think this is too pricey, you're more than welcomed to compile the source and make your own version.
3) Your bukkit and minecraft reference is irrelevant here. Why you think it's a 1:1 comparison is beyond me.

On topic:

If you'd read the pricing details you would have found out that it's per server instance. So if you have 5 servers under the same machine, you have to pay for 5 licenses.

I have already configured mine and there doesn't seem to be a need for another db since it relies on the Permissions plugin which already has a directory override config option.

1) You don't have to pay for it.
2) These folks have already provided a framework for anyone to develop plugins. Without that, you'd have none of this. If you think this is too pricey, you're more than welcomed to compile the source and make your own version.
3) Your bukkit and minecraft reference is irrelevant here. Why you think it's a 1:1 comparison is beyond me.

On topic:

If you'd read the pricing details you would have found out that it's per server instance. So if you have 5 servers under the same machine, you have to pay for 5 licenses.

I have already configured mine and there doesn't seem to be a need for another db since it relies on the Permissions plugin which already has a directory override config option.
Listen.

I am not here to shine a bad light or argue against what you're all promoting and doing. If you want me to rant I will, but I rather not in the current state of things. It would be too easy.

also never said i had to pay for it. you're right!
and i wont be.

i'll dip into the shadows and let you all do your thing ;)
best of luck to you all -

also i did read and it was not clear purchase information . thanks ;)

edit:
hey i found the info! ....
I'm not going to click a "buy $10.00" BUTTON to get purchasing information when it should be on the main page promoting information about the plugin that should be convincing me to WANT to CLICK the button..... that's not clear at all..... yikes for you thinking that.

Attachments

Michidu

Administrator
Staff member
It's just a poor choice in my opinion. This place has a lot of potential if you get more people onboard coding plugins. Time will tell nevertheless :p Nickles and dimes until then.

Also... my question was not answered :(
First of all, i'm not a developer of this plugin. Making some plugin paid or free and accepting donations is a personal choice of every developer. Also, all payments goes directly to the creator.

Whatzitooya

Donators
To add to that: expecting someone to take time out of their busy lives to make something for free (which they have many times over) and then getting upset that they start making some of these premium for the sake of at least getting some return for their time is some elevated level of entitlement.

OwnProx

Plugin Developer
Kwuality
Personally i think your comment is pointless and irelavant you could of easily discussed this with me over pm instead of making a scene, But my point is you can make vip ranks sell them for 3$ a piece or something and you basically made your money back so i don't see how paying a small fee for such a nice plugin is hard, i spent about 15 or more hours programming and fixing this plugin before this colour names / chat colour was not possible i had it working but with issues like all emoji's were broken / recolouring / steam name was different too i mean i would love to see your professional version :) also you seem to think plugins take 2 seconds to create a plugin instead of actually maybe looking at the source code of some of my plugins: https://github.com/ownprox/ArkServerApi

also you claim the payment is not clear yet you are redirected to page that completely tells you clearly what you are paying for and sums it down your answers are not logical and also did you ever think maybe the forum does not provide a multi combo box selling system so hence that's why you are redirected you blame me for stuff i have no power to change nor should we change it lol?

also minecraft is programmed in java and is decompile right down to source code you can see everything and also its 100x easier to make plugins for and in no way compares to ark or c++ and the worst part is i proivided you with other 11 plugins already for free and you complain when i make 1 paid one hahaha, you just seem greedy and expect stuff in life for free go make it yourself if you want it.

also thanks to everyone pointing out the obvious reasons to this guy.

Last edited:

Ronniek09

Donators
You lost all credibility when you compared ark to Minecraft. Yes, please “dip into the shadows” and please never come back with your nonsense again. I don’t care for your useless opinions.